Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bento #10


This is yesterday's bento. After the swap post, I didn't get another chance to post again. I thought I would try making a breakfast bento this time; because of my new gym routine, I have been getting to work a lot earlier, therefore having lunch earlier, so I thought it time that a breakfast bento made a show. Along with the main breakfast tier, I also have a snack tier for mid-afternoon.

This is my snack tier. I have lots of yummy blueberries, and apple and peanut butter 'star sandwiches'. These were really nice - I pinched the recipe from BentoTV, and I'm sold. Under all the lollies are more apple slices that I didn't cut into stars, basically just to save time.
The mini MilkyWay and the gummi stars are just gap fillers - I know boyf will probably end up eating these, so that is fine.
I had run out of fruit to fill this tier with, as I'm going on haitus for two weeks starting Saturday, so I had been running the house out of fresh food to avoid throwing too much away.

This is my breakfast tier. I have a dyed, car shaped [thought I'd tell you, because you can't tell this from the photo] devilled egg, some mini tofu hot dogs, a baby bel cheese, and in the silver foil, my toastie wraps [explained below].
In the HK mayo cup I have tomato sauce for the tofu dogs.

These are my toastie wraps. Basically I just got a tortilla wrap, spread some tomato pizza sauce on it, layered sliced chicken and ham over the top, and then sprinkled over some cheese. Then I rolled it up, and cut it in half.
I have wraped them in foil so that when I get to work, I can just toast them on the sandwich press as is, without having to worry if my darling co-workers have cleaned the bloody thing! [Well, I'll have to remove the stickers, and wrap them up a bit better obviously, but you get the point]

Anyway that will be the last bento for a fortnight; as mentioned earlier I'm going on haitus, but will be back! No bento today or tomorrow as there, once again, is no food in our house, so really I'd just be artfully arranging McNuggets or something, in a box, which doesn't actually sound all that appetizing...

Bye for now :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment