Thursday, May 7, 2009

April Swap on Flickr



This is my April Swap from my Flickr Bento Swap group. Loads of fun goodies, and an awesome HK bento with the most unusual shape I’ve seen to date.
The swap came with some silicon muffin cups, which I may or may not pass on to another swapper, as I have quite a few of these now [It’s one of the few things I can get here in Oz that are bento related], some really cute side dish containers, food picks, an awesome collapsible Keroppi cup, some cute HK sauce bottles and mayo containers, and some Norweigian candies. One of the things that excited me most was a cute magic towel. I know that sounds funny given all the other cool stuff in the swap, but seriously, I have wanted one of these since I was a kid, and always told – it’s just a little towel, don’t waste your money. I don’t care what it is – it’s magic! Sometimes parents don’t get that feeding curiosity is more fun than ‘a toy that you can actually use’. Haven’t opened it yet – want to keep enjoying that fact that I have a magic towel for a little while longer, cause let’s face it, once I open it, it’s no longer magic, and it’s just a little towel [which is less fun]

I did make a bento today from leftover dinner last night, but as boyf had football training, and I was quite busy too, all I made was a quick chilli & coconut curry chicken to throw on rice, which tasted great, but unfortunately didn’t have the cute bento appeal [as it somewhat resembled ahem, well, anyway] no pic of that today.[I know I’ve been naughty this week, cause I keep promising bentos, but they will come, it’s just a matter of getting more organised.]

No comments:

Post a Comment