Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Just stuff...

Have been really slack on the bentos of late, but it's a long story [and it’s not at all to do with me being lazy – this time] so I'll try to cut it down by omitting all the drama.
Last week we had absolutely no food whatsoever in the entire house. The Monday bentos were the last of it. Meant to go shopping on the Tuesday but didn’t get to; blame it on the Vics [OK that’s a bit harsh, seeing as I’m an ex-Vic myself, but keep in mind, I'm going for a light and breezy post, sans drama - I'm not here to upset anyone by my glib attitude]

There have been horrific fires in Victoria in the last week, causing much damage and destruction - not to mention the incredibly sad death toll that just seems to keep rising.
*Much love to the victims of the Victorian bush fires, we’re thinking of you, and doing all we can.*
Anyway, Coles announced last week that on the Friday they would donate all of their profits from all of the stores in Australia to the Bushfire appeal. Wanting to do my bit, I decided to put off the shopping until Friday. All week we were eating absolute garbage – ie, packet pasta with crackers and tins of yucky soup [where does that stuff come from? I don’t remember buying it…] – just so we could support the cause. The week was hellish [well nothing compared to those in Vic, but pretty bad food wise] Anyway, Friday rolls around, and we forget to go! Completely FORGOT to do our shopping!!! So mad at myself. So anyway, Saturday I’m thinking, just gotta get this shopping out of the way, and someone tells me Woolies is doing the same thing as Coles for a day, only they don’t know when.
I’d had enough of eating crap by that stage, so I went and did a mini shop to get us through, until Woolies has their special day. [Am feeling so helpless, I just want to keep giving]


Enough ranting; back to the bentos. I finally got to make a bento today, albeit a very speedy one, cause I ran out of time, but I haven’t uploaded the photo yet. Will do that tonight, and fill you in on all the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment